Infinite scroll using laravel pagination and jquery
|infinite scroll with laravel pagination and jquery|
Loading the content dynamically at the end of the page when user reaches the end of the page.
It is quite easy to implement. So exactly what we want to do is
- When page loads we want to show some posts.
- When user scrolls we want to load more posts and append it at the end.
Upper to line gives hint what we want to do,
- show list of some post at on page loading,
- when user scrolls fetch other posts via ajax and append it to the list of current post list.
First Implement the code for the ControllerIn this function when request is simple get request it returns view with 9 latest posts. When it gets an ajax request instead of returning view it returns the compiled html of post and url for the next page in laravel pagination as the json array.
When data comes as json array we have to append that rendered output in the view file. So view file will be like this.Initially setting the next-page-url attribute of the div with id posts as the url of the next-page-url that is created by the normal laravel pagination variable.
(So if you go on that next-page-url you will get the content of the second page.)
What exactly script does is
- it watches for the scroll of the window. (I fail to put it on the div so i put it over window. if you find way just share it with me.)
- It clears the time out set by previous set time out function. We have to use time out to get delay between to acceptable scrolls. (If we don't set time out then script will fire an request on each scroll).
- By using time out of 2000 ms we can ensure that next request from the same user will have at least delay of 2000 ms from last request and it is essential in real world project .
On first requet we will get the page_url from the attribute of the div with id posts. After then script will set the next_page_url from the response it get.
( we check if page is not 'null'. It is laravel response. if we reach the last page or asking for the page that does not exits laravel response will be null.)
If page is not null then we will go for the request, and append the content ( that is given by the "view" attribute of our response object [data.view] ) to the div#posts. and changing the page url to the new page url (that we get in the response as url attribute of the response object.[data.url] )
Hope you get it useful for your next project